Friday, March 1, 2013

Here comes March!

Hello Friends,
February sure flew by and I am praying for an early spring! I hope everyone is staying warm & safe in all this crazy weather.  At least our temps are bearable and I can't wait to be able to open my windows and let fresh air in. 

After bills are paid I will visit Quilters Haven as I need some fabric to finish my current projects. My queen "ASTER" quilt top still needs her black sashing done. I hope to finish all the layers this month! (border, backing and batting) 

The next big quilt I want to do is going to be Theo's shades of blue quilt. I have some ideas and will let him pick his fabric line. Maybe will do a nine patch for that one.

 I am also working on 2 baby quilts. My friends little boy Walker  just turned one recently and he is going to get a jungle theme quilt.  And one is for Emily who will make her appearance in april. I am so excited for Tammera she has her little boy Aceson and now he will be a big brother. I am making a list for the rest of the kids quilts I would like to make and being thrifty as I am I have the ideas down and its just a matter of waiting for my fabric ideas to go on sale. 

I have started my "harvest moon" table runner and Genny's quilted tote bag too. Genny's bag just needs the lining fabric and straps made. I have some potholders cut out and ready to go once I get the insulated batting.

Also this month I want to get a few potholders done. My first throw I done in the log cabin quilting pattern is going to wait till I take my first machine quilting class in May. I want to learn to do it the right way on my home machine.

Have a wonderful & blessed Easter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment