Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday update.. I Sew want to sew today!

What a beautiful day it is, I love the sunshine. I will be working on tote bags today and practicing machine quilting. If I get my new darning foot on my machine of course.
Still waiting for my black jelly roll I ordered so I can sash my "Aster" queen quilt. I am so excited to get all 20 blocks sashed and then I will decide what fabric to use for my 4-6 inch border. I decided to back it with black or gold muslin. Tune in for "Aster's" progress.
I signed up for the machine quilting class in May (the April one was filled) I truly look forward to learning the correct way to machine quilt. Christine at Quilters Haven in Menominee Michigan has a beautiful shop there. 
Hoping Emilee's baby quilt fabric comes today. I messed up the 4 patch squares so I will save them for another project. I am thinking of backing Emilee's quilt with Minky fabric. 

I need to buy a good chair so I can sit and sew sew sew. Right now I use my kitchen chair at my machine and I cannot sit very long. I really wanted to buy a serger but a chair is more important.

Going to try some new recipes with Theo on saturday or sunday. He has told me he really is not to interested in sewing. What a wonderful boy he actually felt bad because he knows I love it so much. He does want to finish some potholders however. :)

I am hoping I feel well enough to get some chores done today after not having a very good week and not being able to do to much including sewing I feel pretty good.

I have joined a new social site called the Quilting Bee. This site has literally just started this week. I think they are on to something very nice and I hope it gets a lot of new members. 

Have a wonderful weekend & God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment